Building backlinks can appear to be really hard, you see all of these videos or articles on how to get a ton of links back to your website but, today we are going to talk about how to build links and we’ll be answering the question what counts as a backlink!
Building Backlinks That Count
Link building for off-site search engine optimization will help you rank higher with the search engines here we show you different ways to get links that point to your site to increase your site traffic.
* Make people want to link to your site without you asking for it, how? great content or with a great service for example megaupload.com is a site that allows you to upload huge files, how do they get thousands of links well when you upload a file users will go to forums and post the download link. Another example are template websites, when you use one of their templates you need to provide a back link to the designer.
* Write articles and put a link in the author box.
* Start a counter service anyone using your service will need to provide a link back to your site.
* Become a member of a forum and use your signature
* Submit your site to a website directory.
* Buy text links, yes this will cost you money but it a very effective way to get the links that you want.
* Do relevant link exchanges with other webmasters, use search engines and look for phrases like “exchange link with us” + “your site title” this will give you results of sites looking for link exchanges and that are relevant to your site.
* Submit your articles to Digg and other social sites you will probably not make it to the font page but search spiders crawl this links every day, you can get a nice increase in your popularity.
* Use your RSS feeds, do not syndicate all of your content just a part of it, many webmasters create entire websites using feeds, that is a one-way link to your site.
* Submit a press release.
* Trade articles with other webmasters.
* Get the media attention, many bloggers will link back to you.
* Be controversial people will talk about you.
* Link back to other sites, many webmasters check their backlinks, they might link back to you.
* Tag sites like del.iciou.us.
* If you own an ecommerce site get listed in your local yellow book, they also have websites and they will link back to you.
* Place ads in classifieds sites like Craigslist.
* Answer questions in Yahoo Answers.
* Get links from Wikipedia, if you are a good resource the link will not be removed.
* Comment in blogs related to your industry, yes most blogs use the NOFOLLOW tag but they are still great for traffic.
As you can see, all of these linking strategies do work, what counts as a backlink will be a dofollow link that points to your website, these links do count and the search engines use them to rank your websiteContact:
Making Affiliate Money